Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Cure for the Common Routine

BEEP!BEEEP!BEEEEEP! Ugh...It's 7 o'clock and I'm waking up to the wonderful sound of my alarm going off. I'm downstairs by 7:40 and out the door by 7:50. I get to school by 8:05 and geometry starts at 8:15. Class is out by 9 o'clock and so on and so forth. I do that Mon - Fri, August - May 25th. After doing that for so long, it can get really old and boring. How is there nothing more to my week? School and sleep...thats it? It's called a routine and I'm searching for a cure.
Routine...that is probably one of the biggest words in our lives. We may not use it often in sentences or conversations, but it sure does play a huge part in our lives. We all have our daily routines. For those of you who read this and are shaking your heads saying that you don't relate to this at all, please do me a favor quickfast...slap yourself, punch yourself, and kick yourself in that order because HELLO!! You do have a routine...even if you don't realize it.
School is almost out and I'm ready to start a new routine, one without having an alarm that wakes me up in the morning, no homework, no class schedules. Lets call it...hmm...the "Summer Routine" Your life does not run off of a schedule and the question, "What homework do we have tonight?" Instead the question is, "What do I feel like doing?"
Well anyway back to the reason of this post, the cure for this "Routine" that we are speaking of. Here it is...I DONT KNOW! I wish I did...but I don't. Routines are just there. Maybe you can change it up a bit...maybe this time when you walk to your locker you can trip? Stop at starbucks before school? Instead of staring in disgust at the kid thats pickin his nose and thinks that no one notices, you can stare at the kid that farted and thinks nobody noticed? Something interesting to give yourself something new to do. There is no cure for the commone routine, the only thing you can do is change your routine up a bit every days, weeks, months...whatever floats your boat. I have come to new conclusions as I have written this...now this is deep and I dont know if you small minded people can handle this...the cure for the common routine is a new routine...wow...give yourself a second to take a nap or something cause that was deep! I guess that a new routine is not a cure, but its a quick fix that will last for a little while, atleast until that routine gets old...well whatever you do, get yourself out of the year old routine and start a new one, believe me, its for the best.

*Note to the kid that farted in class and thinks no one noticed*
Everyone heard it...

*You know, I might just make a "Cure for the Common..." series on my blog, this could be the start of something cool...

2 comments:

Katy said...

Do it! I love it! Ashley and I had a conversation about this last night. Funny how you mentioned it!

I love your writings Drewby. Keep it up.

Love you!

Beck said...

Oh Drewdle. You're such an Orender. Great post - I wish my summer routine was gonna be different...

I have a request: I'd like you to write a post about someone who meant alot to us all - Tucker...and the summer we all took great joy in the fact that "Tucker Lives!"