Monday, July 9, 2007

Montana!

Wow, wow, wooooow...I don't know how else to put it, Montana is just...wow! So my adventure started in Missoula, Montana. This town is awesome, and this is where we travel to flyfish. There are 3 main rivers in Missoula, there is the Bitterroot, Blackfoot, and ClarkFork. We fished the Bitterroot and ClarkFork during our 3 days of fishing. We started at the ClarkFork and spent the next two days at the lower Bitterroot and Upper Bitterroot. The first day I caught zero, zilch, nada, no fish! It was my first time with a flyrod and it wasn't easy. The second day I had a good day with 3 trout and 7 squawfish (squawfish are bad and so when you catch them, the guides throw them on shore...they eat trout :() So a total of 10 fish on the second day. And the third...got myself 8 Trout, a few Squaw, and some whitefish totalling the day with 20+ fish! I was very very angry that the flyfishing had to end but glacier national park was calling.
We drove 3 hours and arrived at our rented house near west glacier and found it to be without air conditioning...can I get a yay? Ya didn't think so... Me and katy..."The Singles", were of course stuck in the attic...a very small room with beds that were not only to short...but were maybe a little over a foot wide...or maybe just a foot. Jokingly I said to everyone, "If you hear a loud bang from upstairs...I'm fine, just fell of the bed." So that night me and katy headed up to our rooms and it was pitch black in the attick so of course, I made her go first. We discovered that the lights were not working so we scrambled for our bags while freaking out and yelling it the dark, we located our bags and proceded to stumble our way down the stairs....thus started our adventure in Glacier National Park. Over the next few days we spend our time hiking into beautiful locations, eating huckleberry ice cream, riding a tandem bicycle, and laughing at angry golfers who were struggling on the hole behind the house. Angry golfers are quite amusing, I should know...I am one! So if it is by any chance that you have the means to go to Glacier, I suggest you do so! Trails are yours for the making, adventures are yours for the taking! So what are you waiting for?

1 comment:

Katy said...

Drewby! I had THE best time with you. When are we going to start our Tandem bike Olympic sport bid?