Monday, March 30, 2009

Not So Fast Anymore

I failed in my sugarfast...not to temptation however, but to health. I found myself sleepless at night with a raging headache and sweat dripping from me. At first I thought I was just de-toxing from sugar and continued but a call to Dr. Cliff Sheets, my friendly neighborhood nutritionist, quickly put that to an end. He told me that by completely cutting out sugar from my life had drained my glucose levels and my adrenaline glands were beginning to malfunction (I think). In short I ran down stairs and had an apple at 3 o'clock in the morning. I was 4 days into the fast so the sugar definately buzzed me as I suddenly found myself wanting to go running or lift weights. I am still however going with the 21 day fast from purchasing myself necessities with my own money. I know that it is something that you would give up for lint but I didn't think of it at the time. I also think that I have a sort of problem with saving for something only to blow all the money on a random day after making it halfway to the item I originally intended to save my money for. We all have that problem though. I am hoping that these three weeks will help settle my urge to spend cashmoney and that I pray for patience because I need it. I mean there is this video game that is calling for me....only I cannot buy it. Awesome.

1 comment:

Beck said...

Drew, does fruit count for no sugar? Russ is off sugar but the dr. has us eating fruit. So I'm glad you got that apple at 4am!

The thing about self-denial is that it's so wonderful for us, whether we know it or not. I'm so encouraged by your fast from "fun spending". Really proud of you. There is a sense of freedom that comes from it; when you realize that while you have lots of wants, you don't actually NEED much.

Love you!!