Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm Just That Fast

Today at church it was announced that we have 21 days until easter, that is what I understood at-least. My pastor requested that anyone who wanted to join him in fasting for the 3 week period. If people wanted they could do the actual fast where meat is not eaten and other sorts...that kind of fast. Then he said that for those who were not willing to do that, we could do another type of fasting where each week he announces something we must go without for the remainder of the 21 days. Today it was sugar, so I proceeded to make my life sugarless!!! It is not all bad actually. It is a good chance to avoid unhealthy foods with better reasons than just to get healthy. Now I feel that I am bringing honor to God every time I pass on a candy bar. To take it a step further however I decided to give up (this gets confusing) using my own money to but personal necessities. This could be shirts, shoes, movies, video games, etc... Unless I actually need it then I cannot purchase it. This I will do for 3 weeks and at the end I will give $100 as tithe on the next sunday. I realize that unnecessary purchases are a major factor in my life and I am hoping to teach myself to save my money rather than blow it all. I truly do feel that I am going to grow closer to God, now just pray for me that I do not slip up!

1 comment:

Katy said...

You go Andrew! I do believe that you will grow through this whole process. I think you bring honor and glory to God!!