Friday, August 17, 2007

Trial By Fire


I always thought that this would be a cool title for a blog but I never thought that I would use it...I lucked out! And this is a picture of Logan getting layed out by Austin "Ambush" Choate in practice.

So anyway, I started football this week on wendsday, no pads and no helmet...thursday I got my helmet and practiced with it...Friday was pictures and a walk through before our scrimmage that night...so basically...the scrimmage would be my first game/practice with full pads and full contact...trial by fire...awesome! I was nervous at first but when it started I got pumped and I could not wait to get in there and punish some people...but the weather had a different plan...
Basically the scrimmage format was each team switches off offense/defense every 15 plays...we planned on doing this 3 times. My line coach looked at me on our second round where I was supposed to play and said don't worry, you gonna get some! And a few plays later...right before I was gonna get in, they called it because of lightening...I was soo angry, still am actually...I described the anger and frustration as sitting in front of an incredible steak filet from 3 forks and someone telling you that you can't eat it till they tell you, but then the cook comes out and says that all the steaks were infected with something and that you can't eat them...ya, it sucked. So now I get to have a full week of full contact practice before our next scrimmage which is this upcoming Friday against Shelton...I think...but anyway...the pain train is comin to town!

Oyea and here is a side note...
My coach calls me Orlando...only him, the rest call me AO like everyone else...I think its tight but I gotta get used to it. Orlando...niiice.

1 comment:

Katy said...

As in Orlando bloom? :-)

You're playing football? What the heck? Well have fun out there! I wish/hope I can see one of your games!