Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gods Pop Test

You know how people say that God is always testing us. That whenever we pray to God for something he provides us with opportunities instead of just giving us what we asked for. For a better idea I provide the example of me asking God to help me make good decisions during my highschool career, instead of just making good decisions for me God provides me with opportunities to make those good decisions. God answers our prayers, he helps us, and he also rewards us. This idea came to me while I was hiking around a lake and partly up a mountain today in the Grand Tetons National Park. I realized that I wanted to turn back, I was tired and didn't want to go any further. We got to one point where we had a choice to either go to a boat dock and take a boat back or climb further up the mountain and see more of the beauty it has to offer. I decided, "I'm here and I am not missing out on anything." I made it to the first stop, about 2/10 of a mile, at a huge waterfall that was beautiful. I had a choice again to continue steeply uphill another 5/10 of a mile to the last stop on the trail, a place called inspiration point. It was not easy but I got there and it was magnificent. An overlook of a lake and mountains with a seemingly painted sky. It hit me, I could have missed out on all of this if I had decided to go to the boat dock. I feel that God rewards us if we accept challenges that he faces us with. He challenged me with a mountain, or some of a mountain, and I was rewarded with sights that I will never forget. I am going to do my best to apply this to my life, that maybe the challenges in front of us are just Gods way of answering our prayers and testing us. Well todays test was worth it, and I believe tomorrows will be too.

No comments: